Please Review our Program Video by Clicking on the Image Below!
Consistent with the mission of the University of Maine at Fort Kent, a regional university that serves the needs of the St. John Valley and the state of Maine, the Business Management Program fosters excellence in scholarship and academic achievement in an interactive educational environment. The online option provides flexibility for transfer students to earn a University of Maine business degree and provides two-degree completion pathways for students with between 60 transferable credits to 90 transferable credits previously earned and with opportunities to convert prior activities through the Prior Leaming Assessment (PLA) model.
The mission of the Business management program is to develop students as liberally-educated citizens, life-long learners in a changing world, proficient business managers, and entrepreneurs.
The Business Management program strives to:
- Offer a broad selection of management concentrations to meet the needs of our stakeholders (Stewardship);
- Provide excellence in teaching and learning (Leaming);
- Prepare students for careers in areas of business that satisfy students’ wishes and employers’ needs (Collaboration);
- Educate students in the liberal arts in order to broaden their horizons and deepen their understanding of society and the world (Citizenship); and
- Establish and nurture an institutional culture of systemic quality improvement (Excellence).
Student Learning Outcomes
The Business Management program prepares students for careers in business. The objectives of the program are that the graduate will be a knowledgeable, proficient, well-rounded, professional person who is literate, numerate, and analytical; this person will be appreciative of the arts and sciences as well as possess skills in interpersonal communication and leadership.
The University of Maine at Fort Kent is accredited through the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
Program Admission Requirements
A high school diploma, certificate, or equivalent;
A minimum cumulative GPA of at least a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale in previous college courses;
Left your previous institution in good academic and financial standing;
Previously earned at least 60 college credits transferable from an eligible higher education institution (a maximum of 90 credits is eligible to transfer into the program);
Ability to access regularly the online curriculum via a digital device using the internet.
To be awarded a Bachelor of Science in Business Management Online Degree Completion Track, graduates must:
- Complete a minimum of 120 semester hours of credits;
- Complete a minimum of 30 semester hours of credits at UMFK;
- Complete a minimum of 45 hours of upper level credits (300 or higher);
- Maintain a minimum of 2.0 GPA across core and concentration courses at UMFK;
- Complete program required courses with a grade of C- or better;
- Meet the university general education requirements.