Please Review our Program Video by Clicking on the Image Below!
Consistent with the mission of the University of Maine at Fort Kent, a regional university that serves the needs of the St. John Valley and the state of Maine, the Business Management Program fosters excellence in scholarship and academic achievement in an interactive educational environment.
The mission of the Business management program is to develop students as liberally-educated citizens, life-long learners in a changing world, proficient business managers, and entrepreneurs.
The Business Management program strives to:
1. Offer a broad selection of management concentrations to meet the needs of our stakeholders (Stewardship);
2. Provide excellence in teaching and learning (Learning);
3. Prepare students for careers in areas of business that satisfy students’ wishes and employers’ needs (Collaboration);
4. Educate students in the liberal arts in order to broaden their horizons and deepen their understanding of society and the world (Citizenship);
5. Establish and nurture an institutional culture of systemic quality improvement (Excellence).
Student Learning Outcomes
The Business Management program prepares students for careers in business. The objectives of the program are that the graduate will be a knowledgeable, proficient, well-rounded, professional person who is literate, numerate, and analytical; this person will be appreciative of the arts and sciences as well as possess skills in interpersonal communication and leadership.
The Business Management BS program is eligible for participation in the 3 + 3, Bachelor - Juris Doctor, Accelerated Pathway and the 4 + 1 Bachelor - MBA, Accelerated Pathway (MaineMBA) .
The University of Maine at Fort Kent is accredited through the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
To be awarded a Bachelor of Science in Business Management, graduates must:
- Complete a minimum of 120 semester credit hours
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0
- Complete the General Education Requirements (All Bachelor Degree Programs)
- Complete at least 36 semester hours of upper level credits (course numbers of 300 or greater) in each of which a minimum grade of “C” shall be earned
- Complete program required courses with a grade of C or better
- Complete an independent concentration of at least 18 credits (at least 6 courses)
- Fulfill the UMFK Residency Requirements
- Complete the Graduation Application